Wednesday 17 November 2010

More Changes

I must apologise for the lateness of this post but during the last week I have been consulting with my publisher over the price of the new book 'A Time for Crying'. As this book is slightly shorter ( in words) than 'A Time for Living' I thought that the rrp (recommended retail price) should be less. They have agreed and consequently the price for A Time for Crying will be One pound ( £1) less. You see how I look after my readers !!!. The book will be available via Amazon and book stores within the next couple of weeks. The third, and final book in the Geoffrey Summers series, 'A Time for Dying' will be ready ( hopefully) next March in time for my 82nd birthday.  For those following the 'Billy' saga, you may want to read it again as substantial changes have been made to the chapter as a result of further research.  I am hoping that this book will be launched next year before I get too old to write anymore. 
As most of you know I always try to include a few authentic places into my novels. A Time for Crying is no exception, although there are only a small number this time.
   The Bear Inn at Hodnet, Shropshire.
   The Royal Oak at Wooton Rivers, Wiltshire
   The Legacy Three Swans Hotel, Hungerford.
In a week or two I will be featuring these places on this blog as I did with the others on 'A Time for Living'


Thanks for your patience, understanding and dowright tenacity in reading my diatribe. All you have to do now is wait for a couple of weeks and then you can order 'A Time for Crying'  from Amazon ( or wherever) just in time for Christmas. It will make a nice Christmas present for those who have already read 'A Time for Living'.  For those who have not yet read that why not order the two together. Now that would be a great Christmas present,

Bye for now and keep the faith and always remember,  'It's never too late to be what you might have been,'

Colin Theakston

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Colin
    I like what you've done to Billy and ironically the 27th Feb is my birthday.
    ....I feel that Billy and Jane will be good for one another.....
    My kitchen is being gutted and refurbished at the moment; so only spasmodic 'net coverage when electrics are put back on. Tee
    Tee

    ReplyDelete